Aquí sí hay trabajo
¿Y quién dijo que las Humanidades estaban en crisis? Atención, porque no lo están… las Humanidades Digitales son un sector creciente en el mercado que requieren cada vez más el trabajo de profesionales formados en campos humanísticos con conocimientos técnicos fuertes aplicados a las necesidades de los llamados GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums), para no olvidarlo…
|ITS Academic IT Solutions|
|Academic Technology Analyst|
|Academic Technology Specialist for the Humanities|
|Managerial & Professional|
|2 years from date of hire|
|55 Whitney Ave|
|Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)|
|Digital Humanities is a rapidly growing area of scholarship and teaching at Yale University. Reporting to the Sr. Director for Educational Technologies, the position will interact with a diverse range of collaborators including faculty, curators, research staff, Librarians, and Academic Technologists to facilitate the use of digital technologies in the Humanities. This position will partner with faculty and graduate students in Humanities departments, developing, deploying and supporting technologies in support of the unique aspects of Humanities scholarship and teaching; recommending strategic directions, participating in prioritizing projects, and tracking and disseminating advancements in the field. This position will move between independent work, one-on-one collaborations with faculty, and project work with colleagues in Academic IT Solutions.
This position is for a two-year term appointment, with the possibility of further extension.
|1. Maintains an up-to-date and detailed knowledge and understanding of the research and teaching interests and activities of faculty.
2. Actively engages with scholars on aspects of technology in support of all phases of their work, including grant proposal preparation, selection and budgeting of technology solutions, and the delivery of technologies throughout the project. Coordinates cross-functional digital project teams as needed, and collaborates with those providers to ensure the highest level of support is available to faculty.
3. Provides the leadership and technical expertise necessary to envision and execute exceptional, innovative projects. . Within the corresponding departments, this will involve innovations in technology-enabled pedagogy and scholarship.
4. Researches, analyzes and evaluates potential projects, Fellow-driven and faculty-driven; designs, develops and executes project plans in collaboration with faculty and graduate students.
5. Identifies and pursues opportunities for external funding..
6. Provides advice and consultation on technology aspects matters relating to teaching and research technology; this may range from custom programming and data base methods to web-based application development and data visualization.
7. Organizes campus-wide discussions, and identifies new opportunities to advance the University’s activities in this domain.
8. Collaborates with an extended cohort of other professionals, including Library specialists, and other teaching and IT specialists across the campus. These collaborations will be directed towards the development of technology solutions that cross the disciplines and bring value to the University research and teaching landscape.
9. Teaches or co-teaches classes and workshops.
10. Engages professionally in related scholarship through professional organization activities, publication and/or presentation of research.
11. Develops new competencies among staff and expand institutional knowledge of current and emerging best practices, tools, and standards.
12. May perform other duties as assigned.
|PhD (attained or expected).Must have University teaching experience, either as a graduate student, teaching fellow, or faculty member.|
|Excellent interpersonal, instructional, oral and written communication skills.|
|A proven record of success in implementing technology projects and bringing them to a successful conclusion.|
|Knowledge of the principles, practices and future trajectories of teaching and research in the digital humanities.|
|Proven ability to manage a complex workload.|
|Demonstrated ability to establish effective, on-going relationships with varied levels of a diverse faculty, staff, and students.|
|1. A PhD in a field of Humanities, and a record of digital scholarship in the Humanities.
2. University teaching experience.
3. Experience in supporting users of computer technology in an academic setting.
|All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.|
|The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.|